The DS-MPE-CAN2L is a rugged, low cost dual port CAN 2.0 PCIe MiniCard module that is ideal for CAN expansion in embedded and OEM applications.
The module implements a CAN protocol bus controller that performs serial communications according to the CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B specifications. The protocol uses a multi-master bus configuration for the transfer of frames between nodes of the network and manages error handling with no burden on the host processor. Error analysis features enabling diagnostics, system maintenance, and system optimization. A listen-only mode enables CAN bus traffic analysis and automatic bit-rate detection.
Extended temperature capability (-40°C to +85°C) enables the board to operate in environments with extreme temperature swings, such as vehicles or outdoor installations. In addition, the board may be custom-configured with 0-ohm resistors in place of jumper blocks for increased ruggedness in high-vibration environments.
The DS-MPE-CAN2L product comes with the PCIe MiniCard hardware assembly, a cable kit with two CAN cables, and a hardware kit containing jumpers and mounting screws.
- 2 CAN 2.0B ports
- 1Mbps data rate
- Programmable interrupts
- 31 receive buffers for improved performance
- 16 transmit buffers plus 1 high priority transmit buffer
- 16 programmable acceptance filters
- Supports 11-bit & 29-bit identifiers
- 500V port-to-port & input-to-output isolation
- Driver supports dual-independent & dual-redundant modes
- Jumper selectable line termination & bias
- +3.3VDC input power
- Latching connectors for increased ruggedness
- Support for Windows 7, XP and Linux 2.6
- Operating temperature -40ºC to +85ºC
- PCIe MiniCard full size form factor (50.95 x 30mm)
A Product By Diamond Systems