Powered by two Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 V3 (codenamed Haswell-EP) and the Intel® 8925 chipset (codenamed Coleto Creek), the FWS-8500 features enhanced hardware performance that empowers WAN optimization, intrusion detecting/preventing, network access control, load balancing, web content filtering, unified threat managing, and next-generation firewall into one single convenient system offering diverse capabilities without having to invest on individual devices.
The appliance is made to be deployed in server rooms with its 2U dimension. It is also designed to work with up to eight of AAEON’s Network Interface Modules (NIM) for expanded functionalities. These modules can be used with both copper and fiber connections with a maximum of 8 ports available on selected models. This, combined with the device’s single Ethernet port, makes the FWS-8500 capable of providing a total of 65 ports.
Other features include memory support of up to 512GB of DDR4 1600/1866/2133 DIMM memory, 2.5”/3.5” HDD bay, 650W power supply with redundancy, PCIe slots for expansion cards as well as five hot swappable fans.
By combining some of the most wanted network security features into one, we aim to make the FWS-8500 as a must-have for any secured networks. This not only brings convenience to our customers, but more importantly, saving them time and resources compared to acquiring them one by one.
- 2U Rackmount Network Appliance
- Dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 Series Processor, LGA 2011
- Intel® Communications Chipset 8925
- 288-pin DDR4 1600/1866/2133 MHz DIMM (8 DIMM Per CPU) RDIMM x 16, Up to 128 GB
- Up to 64 Gigabit Ethernet Ports Via NIM
- Internal 3.5” SATA HDD x 1 or 2.5” SATA HDD x 2, CompactFlash™ Socket x 1
- Optional Parallel LCM with Keypad x 1
- RJ-45 Console x 1, USB 2.0 x 2, 1 GbE LAN x 1
- 650W Redundant Power
- Mini-PCIe x 1, PCI-E [x8] x 2 (Optional)
A product by AAEON